Hey y'all! Sorry for my long absence. I flew home and immediately turned around and visited 5 different homes. So I finally am in the place that will be my home, but not until January 17th when mom moves out.
I've had 5 job opportunities. Two I'm not really interested in, translating/traveling for the FBI and aiding a mortgage company expand into the Hispanic community. The other three were considered. One was to return to teaching. My former boss in Chattanooga called my cell phone when she heard I was back and asked me to apply for a teaching position she wants me to fill. The other is working with a UMC pastor in an outreach to the Hispanic families in Chattanooga, mostly families of my former students there. The last is being a PA for my mom.
I chose the last. This is the best deal for me. I'm excited at the kind of work I'll be doing. Also this job will leave time for me to visit friends and family, which is currently my heart's desire, and time to play...hiking, camping, shopping, traveling, and developing my skills in things I enjoy. I'll also help my mom with interpreting and translating, and this will allow me to keep my Spanish. She also travels a lot and usually invites me to come along.
I still don't have a place to set up my computer yet, so my internet access is a bit limited because my mom's DSL is constantly being interrupted. We'll be switching to cable soon enough.
Well, I hope all had wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations!
P.S. by the way, I picked up my gun Monday. This makes me a happy camper again. :)
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment